Artificial plants are one of the best and cost-effective ways to add some natural greenery to your outdoor space. But they are plagued with fading after some time. Even at that, the plague can be bypassed by using faux plants that are resistant to harsh elements, such as sunlight that can damage them.
In this article, we are going to delve deeper into the topic, discussing if fake plants for outdoor purposes is possible, how to protect artificial plants outside, how to clean them, and so many more.
Can Artificial Plants be Put Outside
Artificial plants can be put outside, but it is important to note that not all artificial plants are suitable for outdoor use. Some artificial plants are designed for indoor use only and may not be able to withstand the elements of the outdoors.
When selecting among wholesale fake plants, it is essential to check the label or product information to ensure that the plants are made from materials that can withstand the weather conditions in your area. For example, if you live in an area with high winds, you will want to choose artificial plants that are sturdy and have a weighted base to prevent them from blowing over.
How to Protect Artificial Plants and Flowers Outside
Another critical question worth answering is how to protect artificial plants outside and how to protect silk flowers outside ?
- One of the major things to do is to clean them regularly to prevent dust and debris from accumulating, which can make them look dirty and dull. You can use a damp cloth or a garden hose for the cleaning.
- Another way to protect artificial plants outside is to place them in a covered area, such as a patio or porch, to protect them from direct sunlight and rain. Direct sunlight can fade the colors of the plants over time, and rainwater can cause the plants to become waterlogged, which can damage them.
- You can also protect artificial plants by using a UV-resistant spray designed for outdoor use. This spray can help prevent fading caused by exposure to sunlight.
Overall, artificial plants can be put outside with proper care and maintenance. By selecting the right type of artificial plants and taking the necessary steps to protect them, you can enjoy beautiful, low-maintenance greenery in your outdoor space.
How to Keep Artificial Plants from Fading in the Sun
Artificial plants are a great way to add greenery to your home or outdoor space without the maintenance required for live plants. However, just like live plants, artificial plants can also fade in the sun over time.
Here are some tips on how to keep your artificial plants from fading in the sun:
- Shield them: You can place them in a covered area, such as a porch or under a pergola, to protect them from the harsh UV rays of the sun. This will help to prolong the life of your artificial plants and keep them looking fresh and vibrant for longer.
- Use UV protection spray periodically: This type of spray is specifically designed to protect against UV rays damaging effects. It can help to prevent fading and discoloration of your artificial plants. You should apply the spray periodically, following the manufacturer’s instructions, to keep your plants protected.
- Fabric protection solutions: If your artificial plants are made of fabric or other materials that are prone to fading, you can use fabric protection solutions to keep them looking their best. These solutions are designed to create a barrier that protects against UV rays, water, and other elements that can cause fading and damage.
How do You Clean Dirty Artificial Plants
Just like any other object, artificial plants can get dirty over time and need to be cleaned. Below are some tips on how to clean dirty artificial plants:
- Dusting: The easiest and most common way to clean artificial plants is to dust them off with a soft-bristled brush or a microfiber cloth. You can gently brush off the dust from the leaves and stems, making sure to get into all the nooks and crannies.
- Using water and mild soap: For more stubborn dirt or stains, you can use a mixture of water and mild soap to clean your artificial plants. Make sure to use a soft cloth or sponge to avoid damaging the leaves. Dip the cloth or sponge in the soapy water and gently wipe the leaves and stems. Rinse the cloth or sponge with clean water and wipe the plant down again to remove any soap residue.
- Compressed air: Another way to clean artificial plants is to use compressed air. You can use a can of compressed air or a hairdryer on the cool setting to blow away any dust or dirt from the leaves and stems.
- Vinegar and water solution: If your artificial plants have accumulated a lot of grime or are particularly dirty, you can use a vinegar and water solution to clean them. Mix equal quantities of water and white vinegar and dip a cloth or sponge into the solution. Wipe the leaves and stems with the cloth or sponge, making sure to get into all the nooks and crannies. Rinse the cloth or sponge with clean water and wipe the plant down again to remove any vinegar residue.
Tips to Protect Artificial Plants and Flowers Outside
Ultraviolet radiation has both advantage and disadvantage effects on artificial plants. An excessive contact with the sun can cause them to fade, discolor, or deteriorate.
Here are some tips to protect your artificial plants and flowers outside:
- Purchase quality UV resistant plants: When choosing artificial plants and flowers for your outdoor space, look for products that are labeled as UV resistant. These plants are specifically designed to withstand exposure to sunlight without fading or discoloration. This is a great tip on how to protect artificial flowers outside, as well as plants.
- Rotate your plants: To prevent uneven fading, it’s a good idea to rotate your artificial plants and flowers periodically. This means moving them to different spots in your outdoor space, so they are not exposed to the same level of sunlight for prolonged periods.
- Always clean your plants: Regular cleaning is crucial to maintain the appearance and lifespan of your artificial plants and flowers. Dust and debris can accumulate on the leaves and stems, making them look dull and unattractive. Use a soft cloth or a brush to remove any dust or debris from your plants, and wash them with water and mild soap as needed.
- Minimize direct exposure to sunlight: While UV-resistant artificial plants are designed to withstand sunlight, it’s still a good idea to minimize direct exposure to sunlight as much as possible. You can place your plants in areas that are partially shaded or under a covered patio to protect them from harsh sunlight.
Contact DYartificial to Get Artificial Plants that Don’t Fade in the Sun
DYartificial is a reliable artificial plants manufacturer and supply that provides high-quality fake plants that look exactly like their real counterparts. In fact, they are created to last and be more beautiful than real plants. Having a state-of-the-art artificial plants factory with experienced experts, we skillfully craft the plants to be durable and capable of withstanding harsh conditions.
While manufacturing, all our products, including artificial green wall panels, flowers, and plants are mixed with UV protective and fire-retardant particles that make them resistant to fading for 3 years and not catching fire for 2 years.
For high-quality plants that are tested and trusted to last the test of time without damage due to outdoor elements, contact us today.